It's been a week or so since the last update. I've fixed several bugs and added some functionality and I think now is the time to show it to more people. It's far from anything like production level, but I think it's got some interesting concepts. If you're interested, talk to me on Twitter @k4200 or email me at
- Click on the link in the invitation email.
- Log into the system and change your password of your choice.
- Go to "Edit User" and register your SSH public key.
Create a project
- Go to "Create projects".
- Enter a project name and choose a template type. If you don't know what to choose, go for "Basic".
- This operation does the following:
On your local machine,
git clone git+ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/<project-name>.git
Add/change code, commit, and git push.
The account information is included in the file shown below:
- Go to "Operations".
- Click on "Update Workspace".
- Click on "Update", which corresponds to "sbt update", if need be.
- Click on "Build", which does "sbt package".
- Click on "Deploy".
Click on "Start" and you application will run at
"Project" consists of the following entities:
- Gitosis(Git repository)
- Runtime environment(chroot jail)
- (Other optional components to be added in the future)
- The biggest problem is that runtime environments are unstable. Scala and Lift work perfect on a standard Linux + Java environment, but we're using chroo for security reasons. We're thinking of switching to FreeBSD jail or Solaris Container.
- Server resources are limited. Now, we're talking with the cloud service vendor that we use.
It would be appreciated if you could give us some feedback.
Thanks a lot!